Certificate: Technology & Society
Home residential college: Forbes
Liaison residential college: Forbes
Career area interests:
- Social Impact
Activities, clubs, or organizations:
- Rem on Campus Social Impact Consulting
- Scholars Institutes Fellows Program (SIFP)
- Princeton Transfer Association (PTA)
- Tiger Inn Social Club (TI)
- Forbes Residential College Leadership Team (FRCL)
Past internships or job experiences:
- Product Development Research Analyst- TechSoup Global
- Vice President of Development- REM & CO
- UX/UI Design, Product Management and Communications Analyst - Lambent Data
- Behavioral Analyst - Phoenix Rising Behavioral Health Care
- Direct Support Professional - Kaleo Supports
- Sales Manager - Gold's Gym
What's the most underrated/overlooked resource or service offered by the Center for Career Development?
Skill assessment test — students can use this tool to gauge their abilities and skills. I find it especially delightful when individuals realize their potential and realize they possess the skills they need to perform various essential aspects of different jobs. This is always a great confidence boost!
What advice would you give to someone considering your major/industry/area of expertise?
Stay open-minded! Several years ago, a mentor said that if I was to have a bald spot on the back of my head, I would not be able to see it, meaning that we need people to show us new sides of ourselves so we can discover them. Career advisers possess valuable career experience and extensive knowledge of career interests and industry fields. When speaking one-on-one with a career adviser they provided me with guidance on different career paths based on my unique background. They showed me paths I had never considered. I emphasize open-mindedness because students approach career advisers already expecting a specific outcome, so they close their minds to the possibility of exploring alternative strategies. Therefore, I recommend students use this resource by allowing the career advisers to assess their skillset and expand their horizons.
In my free time, I like to...
Mentor others, get involved with my community and offering support to my peers.