Kate provides strategic direction and management of all career advising for undergraduate students and alumni, and oversees the employer engagement team. She oversees the implementation and delivery of a comprehensive suite of programs that aligns with and supports student achievement of career learning outcomes.
Kate provides one-on-one advising across a broad range of interests, covering topics including:
- Exploring career options
- Choosing concentrations
- Practice interviews
- Internship and job search planning
- Graduate school planning and applications
- Mock medical school interviews
She advises students interested in all career fields, and in particular enjoys speaking with students about:
- Arts, entertainment, communications and media careers
- Education, policy, politics and public service careers
- How they can start to explore their career interests
- How to find internships, jobs and experiential opportunities that combine intersecting interests (e.g., music and math, theater and medicine)
Liaison to: Butler College
I wish more students knew the Center for Career Development offered: The opportunity to reflect about campus job, internship, and leadership experiences to learn about yourself and what you enjoy doing. We also offer virtual advising appointments during the summer if you’d like to reflect with us in the moment for summer experiences or want to meet about anything.
I enjoy: Spending time with my husband and two daughters.
A fun fact about me is: I interned with the children’s television host Fred Rogers in Pittsburgh when I was an undergraduate, and got to answer his viewer mail among other exciting tasks.
My first job after graduation: Spanish bilingual first-grade teacher in Paterson, NJ with Teach For America.
I'm energized by: Planning trips of all kinds including exploring offbeat destinations and factory tours.
The place I grew up is special because: The Bay Area has very friendly people. I love the weather and exploring San Francisco.