While our physical office may be closed, the Center for Career Development is still here to support you.
We are providing virtual advising appointments, creating new guides and resources, sharing job, internship and mentorship opportunities sponsored by alumni and hosting online events. We know that many students are concerned with how the current situation may impact your summer or post-graduation plans, and we can assist you in finding alternative opportunities.
Career advisers are available for virtual appointments with undergraduate and graduate students -- even during academic breaks. You can make an appointment anytime in Handshake.
Common topics for appointments include:
- Internship, job and fellowship searches
- Managing changes to your summer or post-graduation plans
- Career exploration
- Interview preparation
- Resume, cover letter, personal statement reviews
- Developing graduate school plans and application reviews
Keep in mind you can also make an advising appointment to discuss any of these topics.
If your plans fell through and you're looking for alternatives:
- Planning Your Summer Guide
- A list of 500 companies in Handshake currently hiring students
- Handshake and CareerShift job and internship sites
- Networking Guide
- CareerExplorer Assessment
If you're actively applying for positions:
- Resume Guide (undergraduates)
- CV vs. Resume Guide and How to Develop a Master Resume Guide (graduate students)
- Cover Letter Guide
- Interview Guide
If you're considering remote jobs or internships:
We are compiling a list of paid and unpaid jobs, internships and mentorship opportunities offered by Princeton alumni to help students whose summer and post-graduation plans are being impacted by the situation around coronavirus. We also compiled a list of jobs and internships recommended by alumni in Handshake.
We're offering virtual events for undergraduate and graduate students. More information and the Zoom links are available in Handshake.