Learning about career paths and getting hands-on work experience while you're at Princeton is tough. That's why we created Princeternship.
Taking place during winter recess, Princeternship offers undergraduate students the chance to explore career fields and make connections with alumni and employers without the commitment of an internship or job. There are more than 300 positions available with more than 70 different organizations, including opportunities in:
- Arts, culture, media and entertainment
- Engineering, science and tech
- Social impact
Applications open Monday, Oct. 3. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, Oct. 19 at 11:59 p.m. Learn more about all the Princeternship opportunities and apply through Handshake.
Princeternships can be either virtual or in-person, ranging from one- to five-day shadowing experiences to one- to four-week projects. Princeternships provide undergraduate students an opportunity to get to know the career path of their alum host, learn about possible fields and potentially get tangible experience in environments focused on students' learning and growth. Opportunities span a range of geographic regions and fields.
Questions? Read our Princeternship FAQs, come to our drop-in advising or email Alejandra Iglesias, assistant director, alumni engagement.
"This is a wonderful opportunity to connect with alumni and your peers, and to put the theory from the courses you have taken so far into practice." - Athena Angelique Dobles ’24, Burnes Institute for Poverty Research
Timeline of the Princeternship application process
- Applications open: Oct. 3, 2022
- Application deadline: Oct. 19, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- Decisions & interview: All students will receive emails informing them of decisions.
- Email informing students if they are moving to final round interview with alumni: Oct. 31
- Interview with alum host: Oct. 31-Nov.18
- Email to students informing them if they were selected by alum: Nov. 24
- Email connecting students and Princeternship host: Dec. 2
- Orientation: Multiple options for students to select between Dec. 9-14
- Princeternships: Jan. 2-27, 2023 (start and end dates will vary depending on the type of opportunity and alumni hosts’ availability)