“Follow your passion” always sounds like good advice, but how can you figure out what that actually means for you? That's where the Center for Career Development comes in.
As early as their first days on campus, the Center for Career Development assists undergraduate and graduate students to explore and prepare for careers that resonate with their skills, strengths, interests and values.
We're not just here for you when you're looking for a job or internship. We are here throughout your time at Princeton to help you create and implement a personalized plan, and work through questions like:
- What interests me?
- How do I learn about different career paths and possible options?
- Why is networking important and how do I do it?
- What can I be doing with my time at Princeton to prepare for my next steps?
How we can help
- Self-assessment: Discovering values, interests, skills and strengths
- Career insight: Choosing a major and exploring career options
- Planning: Creating and implementing a personalized action plan
- Networking: Strategies to make connections at Princeton and beyond
- Gaining experience: Finding internships or other experiential opportunities
- Further education: Preparing for graduate and professional school
- Internship and job options: Learning search strategies and developing a plan
- Application materials: Writing resumes, cover letters and other documents, as well as practicing interview skills
We assist undergraduate and graduate students all years, interests and stages of their programs.