We host site visits (trips to a single organization) and City Treks (daylong trips to multiple organizations in a city) throughout the academic year. These programs provide undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to visit an organization, get an inside look at an industry and possible careers, and meet alumni and recruiters.
Site Visits & City Treks
Opportunities for the 2019-20 Academic Year
- Fall Site Visits - Oct. 4, 2019
- Applications open: Sept. 11
- Applications due: Sept. 26
- Date of site visit: Friday, Oct. 4
- Participating organizations: Comcast
- Apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdf3E6JazfH3ZvXpSIAk2--pI9PXFJ1WGZubYYETRdxyWTxVQ/viewform
Interested in exploring career paths in tech? Site visits are an opportunity for students to connect with alumni and recruiters in their workplace and hear about their career paths after Princeton.
During this site visit, Comcast engineers will share their experiences working in software and network engineering. Students will tour where software development and hardware design takes place, the Comcast Labs space where you can see Comcast products and services in a demo home and the Ralph J. Roberts Forum where company events take place. Students will also be able to experience the Universal Sphere, which is an immersive video experience in our lobby.
Only 10 spots are available. This is a great opportunity for students of all years interested in software and network engineering, technology and telecommunications.
Comcast is a Fortune 50 company that is a leader in telecommunications, entertainment and technology.
- Fall City Treks - Nov. 1, 2019
- Applications open: Sept. 20, 2019
- Applications due: Oct. 7, 2019
- Apply: https://princeton.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3097037
Fall City Treks will take place in New York City on Friday, Nov. 1 (fall recess). The Center for Career Development will provide transportation.
City Treks allow groups of Princeton students (10-15 per trek) to investigate a career field of interest and make professional connections by spending time with alumni and employers in their workplaces during academic breaks. Each trek includes visits to two organizations, a group lunch, alumni meetings and tours. There are five treks students can choose to participate in:
- Museum design and arts consulting
- Fashion and e-commerce
- Finance and sustainability
- International affairs and policy
- Spring City Treks - March 20, 2020 (Canceled)
Spring City Treks will take place in New York City on the Friday of spring recess. The Center for Career Development will provide transportation.
- Applications open: Feb. 2020
- Applications due: Feb. 19, 2020
- Participating organizations: Check back soon for the list.