Ready to get a first-hand look at what it’s like to work in a job or career field that interests you? Here's your chance. Since 2008, the Princeternship program has been offering students an inside look at careers by sending them out into the field to investigate career paths and foster personal connections with alumni and employers. Offered by alumni, Princeternships are a career exploration opportunity providing a combination job shadowing, skill development and relationship-building in one-on-one or small-group settings.
What to Expect
Princeternships can be either virtual or in-person, ranging from one- to five-day shadowing experiences to one- to four-week projects. Princeternships provide undergraduate students an opportunity to get to know the career path of their alum host, learn about possible fields and potentially get tangible experience in environments focused on students' learning and growth. Opportunities span a range of geographic regions and fields.
Upcoming Princeternship Dates
- Applications open: Oct. 4, 2021
- Application deadline: Oct. 20, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
- Decisions: All students will receive emails informing them of decisions.
- First round (moving to final round): Nov. 1
- Final round (accepted): Nov. 24
- Princeternships: Start dates will vary depending on the type of opportunity and alumni hosts’ availability.
- In-person Princeternships: Between Dec. 27, 2021 and Jan. 7, 2022
- Virtual Princeternships: Between Dec. 27, 2021 and Jan. 21, 2022