Ready to get a first-hand look at what it’s like to work in a job or career field that interests you? Here's your chance.
Since 2008, the Princeternship program has been offering students an inside look at careers by sending them out into the field to investigate career paths and foster personal connections with alumni and employers. Offered by alumni, Princeternships are a career exploration opportunity providing a combination of job shadowing, skill development and relationship-building in one-on-one or small-group settings. Princeternships take place during winter break.
What to Expect
Princeternships can be either virtual or in-person, ranging from one- to five-day shadowing experiences to one- to four-week projects. Princeternships provide undergraduate students an opportunity to get to know the career path of their alum host, learn about possible fields and potentially get tangible experience in environments focused on students' learning and growth. Opportunities span a range of geographic regions and fields.
2023-24 Princeternship Dates
- Applications open: Oct. 2, 2023
- Application deadline: Oct. 18, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Decisions & interview: All students will receive emails informing them of decisions.
- Email informing students if they are moving to final round interview with alumni: Oct. 30
- Interview with alum host: Oct. 30-Nov.17
- Email to students informing them if they were selected by alum: Nov. 22
- Email connecting students and Princeternship host: Dec. 1
- Orientation: Multiple options for students to select between Dec. 4-14, 2023
- Princeternships: Jan. 2-26, 2024 (start and end dates will vary depending on the type of opportunity and alumni hosts’ availability)
How to Apply
You can apply through Handshake. You need to complete the application questions, which include open-ended responses about your interest in the Princeternship program and your preferred site(s), and upload your resume.
If selected as a potential candidate by our staff, your application will be forwarded to an alum host for final review and selection in November. Alumni hosts may conduct virtual interviews or follow up with further questions. If an alum host accepts your application, you will receive an email in late November from our staff with further instructions.
"Princeternships are an amazing opportunity to grow and learn as a student. Lectures and precepts can only go so far in terms of introducing us to the real world, and we must take these unique opportunities to supplement our classroom education." - Marina Beshai '22