You've probably heard networking is an important component of job/internship search. But what is it, and how do you do it?
This program will teach you how to:
- Articulate purposes of networking and ways to build and maintain relationships
- Use Princeton-specific networking tools (e.g., Career Compass, LinkedIn)
- Create a list of questions for informational interviews
The Center for Career Development coordinates multiple opportunities to connect you with alumni and employers where networking will come in handy, and you'll encounter other situations in Princeton and afterwards where these skills are essential.
After attending session, we recommend you to attend the Networking 201: Uncovering Hidden Opportunities, which covers:
- Methods to search for opportunities that are not publicized or are to be created
- Main components of an effective introduction
- How to turn any conversation into a networking scenarios
- How to cold-outreach to employers and other professionals
Email Satomi Chudasama to request accommodations for this event at least 15 working days in advance.