Drop-ins are 15-minute, in-person advising sessions for undergraduates that do not require an appointment. In-person drop-ins begin Tuesday, January 17 and are held weekdays during the following times during Wintersession and when classes are in session:
- Monday-Thursday from 2-4 p.m.
- Friday from 12-4 p.m.
Students are welcome to come at any point during those times that fit their schedules. They are held at the Center for Career Development (above the U-Store on 36 University Place). You can find a full list of drop-in advising dates in Handshake.
You can come to drop-ins to just talk through your interests and possible options, you do not need to have anything prepared to meet with an adviser.
Common topics covered during drop-in sessions include:
- How the Center for Career Development can help you
- Starting to explore career options
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Preparing for career fairs
- Job/internship/fellowship application help
- Networking strategies and how to contact alumni