Advisers can help you talk through your questions, figure out what interests you and how to start putting together a personalized plan.
We offer in-person and virtual advising for undergraduate and graduate students to help them reflect on their values and strengths, pursue opportunities that match their unique interests and design personalized plans to achieve their goals.
Drop-ins are 15-minute, in-person advising sessions for undergraduates that do not require an appointment.
Drop-ins are held daily when classes are in session (Monday-Thursday from 2-4 p.m. and 12-4 p.m. on Fridays).
What to expect
Advising sessions are casual conversations. Students of all class years are encouraged to meet with a career adviser, whether they have a topic in mind or if they're not sure where to start.
You do not have to have anything figured out before an advising appointment.
Our team of advisers specialize in different career fields and interests, and they can help you talk through your questions, figure out what interests you and how to start putting together a personalized plan.
Common topics for undergraduates
- Career exploration
- Networking (e.g., how to talk with alumni about their careers)
- Internship, job and fellowship search strategies
- Interview preparation
- Resume, cover letter, personal statement reviews
- Graduate school plans and developing applications
Common topics for graduate students
- Exploring career options for Ph.D.'s
- Creating and revising CVs, resumes and cover letters
- Preparing for interviews
- Refining communications and networking skills