Please note: Between Sept. 9-20, all advising for undergraduate students will be drop-ins. Since fall is a very busy time, this will make it easier for students to find an opportunity in their schedule to meet with a career adviser.
Drop-ins are 15-minute advising sessions that do not require an appointment. You can come by and meet with an adviser for a drop-in between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Scheduled appointments will resume Monday, Sept. 23.
You can make an appointment with an adviser in Handshake or visit the office during drop-in hours for a 15-minute session if you have a quick question or can't find an appointment that matches your schedule.
Career advisers offer one-on-one advising for undergraduate and graduate students to help them reflect on their values and strengths, pursue opportunities that match their unique interests and design personalized plans to achieve their goals. There are no prerequisites to make an appointment and students of all years are welcome.
Common topics for undergraduates include:
- Career exploration
- Internship, job and fellowship search strategies
- Interview preparation
- Resume, cover letter, personal statement reviews
- Developing graduate school plans and application reviews
Common topics for graduate students include:
- Exploring career options for Ph.D.'s
- Creating and revising CVs, resumes and cover letters
- Preparing for interviews
- Refining communications and networking skills