Drop-ins are 15-minute, in-person advising sessions for undergraduates that do not require an appointment.
Drop-ins for fall 2023 begin Tuesday, Sept. 5 and are held weekdays from 2-4 p.m. when classes are in session. There will not be drop-ins during Thanksgiving recess (Nov. 21-24).
Students are welcome to come at any point during those times that fit their schedules. They are held at the Center for Career Development (above the U-Store on 36 University Place).
You can come to drop-ins to just talk through your interests and possible options, you do not need to have anything prepared to meet with an adviser. Common topics covered during drop-in sessions include:
- How the Center for Career Development can help you
- Starting to explore career options
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Preparing for career fairs
- Job/internship/fellowship application help
- Networking strategies and how to contact alumni
- LinkedIn profile help
- Planning for summer experiences and reflection