Drop-ins are 15-minute, in-person advising sessions for undergraduates that do not require an appointment.
Drop-ins are held weekdays from 2-4 p.m. during the academic year.
Drop-ins will be virtual from Jan. 3, 2024 to Jan. 26, 2024. You can find the Zoom link for virtual drop-ins in Handshake.
In-person drop-ins resume Monday, January 29, 2024.
There will not be drop-ins during Thanksgiving recess (Nov. 21-24), Dec. 24-Jan. 2, and spring and summer recess.
Students are welcome to come at any point during those times that fit their schedules. They are held at the Center for Career Development (above the U-Store on 36 University Place).
You can come to drop-ins to just talk through your interests and possible options, you do not need to have anything prepared to meet with an adviser. Common topics covered during drop-in sessions include:
- How the Center for Career Development can help you
- Starting to explore career options
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Preparing for career fairs
- Job/internship/fellowship application help
- Networking strategies and how to contact alumni
- LinkedIn profile help
- Planning for summer experiences and reflection